Saturday, January 18, 2014

imperfect.


My body is not perfect
but the scars on it tell me that
I have lived
a life
full
of adventures and pains and pressures and sadnesses.
And the lines show me
the ups and the higher ups
the greatest joys that caused
my heart to
leap
right up into my eyes
and gleamed to the rest of the world
that I am me
and I am beautiful.
And even that you cannot see
I see.
On my heart there are
bruises and cuts and stitches and tears unhealed;
open wounds that are only soothed
by Him
who made it and molds me.
This heart
it screams
that I have known
pleasures and despairs
and wounds that have long left
my imperfect body
remain there in my soul
and teach me who to be next
and who I was then.
And these scars tell me that
I have lived
a life
full.











3 comments:

Angela K said...

Beautiful! This post and you!

Jeanette said...

I just love this, sweetie, so full of meaning and depth.

Jamie said...

Thank you. I needed this today.