Sunday, March 16, 2014

unfolding.


Sometimes
when I see myself

I don't see Me.

I see a
       crumpled
       mangled
       tattered
       withered
       empty
              me.

A me who
gave too much and
asked too little or
asked too much and
didn't give enough.

But

whenever I see this me
I know I can
       uncrumple
       heal
       sew up
       straighten
       mend

my skin and mind and soul and
heart
and fill back up
and be Me again

If

I choose to drink up
the love of my Jesus.

For it is only
He who knows
how to unfold me into something
          Beautiful again.




       


1 comments:

Jeanette said...

Karen! This is just so beautiful, sweetheart. I know where it came from, I'm sure, after our conversation earlier this week. I'm so glad we know how to be mended and where the healing comes from. Love you so much.